Branding and identity design is a process that can be highly creative and fun.
- Meet with the client and have them fill out the “creative brief” which determines things such as purpose, mission, audience and style.
- Brainstorming/researching phase, which includes mind-mapping and sketching. First ideas or impressions usually do not turn out to be the best.
- After sketching dozens of options, I select 2-3 designs to digitize. They are brought into the computer where I work with different layouts and color choices. These designs are then sent to the client as first drafts.
- The designs then enter the refinement stage until perfect and are then outputted for client use. I always provide a grayscale, black, white, and full color version of the logo in .png, .eps, and .pdf formats.
- Once a logo is designed I strongly recommend they continue into a full identity and branding package.